Tuesday 31 March 2009

Citrus 'C'

Citrusy indeed! By following an online recipe and doing a little bit of subtracting/substituting, I was able to achieve the following results:

Eight 4oz bars of soap slipped easily out of my new plastic un-photogenic mould. The darker areas are (I think) where it hasn't dried as much but if the other bars I've made are anything to go by then the colour will soon even out. No colourings were used and I don't intend to use them at-least not for a long time anyway.  I haven't quite yet decided whether I should stick with the new mould. While it makes cutting so simple and bars of equal measure, I like how the other mould creates unique bars with character. What would you prefer?


~Ingredients~ (in no order)
  • Avocado oil
  • Castor oil
  • Olive oil
  • Coconut oil
  • Shea butter
  • Lye
  • Flat Corona
  • Orris root powder
  • Lemongrass E/O
  • Sweet orange E/O
  • Palmarosa E/O

No comments:

Post a Comment